Networking Online – Profiles, Strategy and Connection
Everyone is checking you out online – what impression are you making? Your network expects to connect with you on and offline – are you prepared? Do you have a strategy? You can build strong networks by taking your personal brand online – reaching across the city, the country and the globe. Connection is still at the centre of building rapport, but let’s consider the not so subtle differences that exist as we network in the digital space.
- Google yourself – the importance of a consistent online personal brand – what to do with what you find and what if you find nothing?
- Profiles – the need for consistent – well filled out profiles. We will cover the ways to stand out and be found on key platforms. To be referred online you need to be there and show them what they need to see.
- Images – the importance of a great headshot – also covering what types of images are great to share, tagging and linking.
- Events – Showing up in person is only a third of the job! How to check in – why you should and the etiquette of tagging.
- Strategy – considering who you want to connect with and how to find them, appeal to them and make it mutually beneficial. I’ll share my formula for meeting and greeting in the digital age.
- Systemised follow up – ways to keep motivated – stay on track and up to date.
This workshop is brought to you by Business Station and AusIndustry under the ASBAS Digital Solutions Program.
About the Presenter
I have a passion for helping people to achieve greater clarity around their personal brand—inside and out—and to ensure they have the mind-set in place to put the best version of themselves out in the world, be they returning to work, running a business, employed or, exiting the prison system, where I regularly presents.
With a background in corporate and as a small business owner, I know first-hand the power that lay in effectively establishing your networks to leverage your personal brand and have completed further training and gained the qualifications to support her sharing this assertion. I have coached hundreds of business owners and their teams in the art of great networking for increased connection and referrals.
As an established speaker and presenter, I have been interviewed on 6PR, Business Radio 101 and Twin Cities FM, HIT FM, Curtin FM, Launceston FM, 7SD FM, Territory FM, as well as the Key To Authority Podcast series. A co-author of the Amazon best seller – “Sell Your Story”, I have gone on to write a regular column on Networking for Swan Magazine and edit their ‘Social Pages’ as well as contributing to The West Australian.
I am a regular contributor on Channel Nine’s ‘The Pulse’ segment within Nine Live News and on 6PRs’s News Panel.
What makes it all come together though, Is the opportunity to work with business owners ready to stand out for all the right reasons.